View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 AM
DanceWithLife
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
See I'm at a huge disadvantage because I never saw the original AI and therefore am really interested in everyone's views on how it has changed after Kelly and Season One.
Well, I could probably talk for hours on how I think it changed after season one, but most importantly, at least in my opinion, is that after that it lost its genuine innocence. Kelly and the rest of the AI1 contestants were there because they loved music. They loved to entertain, to sing. You could tell from the very begining. None of them knew that the show would be so successful...they didn't know that all of America would know them by the end of the summer. All they knew was that they would get to sing every week for the whole summer. There was no fancy stuff going on in most of their minds.

There was a very sweet innocence to the first season, and to Kelly's winning, that was lost afterwards. Subsequent seasons...people knew what they were getting into. They knew there would be millions of cameras and reporters and that fame moreso than singing would come to them. In that sense - and I'm not saying it became bad just different - it lost its original appeal for me.

People, and that includes tons of celebrities, got involved with season one because of that. How genuine it was, fresh, heartfelt. I lost interest afterwards, but I'm sure that if someone had never watched season one and they came into season 2, they felt that way about season two. I think it's a matter of when you started to watch.

But since I'm a Kelly fan...to me...nothing has compared to her brilliance and genuine attitude since