View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm going to watch for those scenes...I forget!
Hee, well, I've got this anti-Jacob agenda going when I watch, so that's probably why I notice them so much.

Quote:
Yeah, Jacob did have a kind of "Know it all" attitude that was annoying. But then...he was the perfect dad, husband, and doctor! And he even did the food shopping!
He also walks, jogs and does push ups on water according to Andy, hee.

Quote:
I was kind of giving Ephram the benefit of the doubt. I was assuming that Ephram had a belligerent personality because of his disfunctional homelife(absent father). I really figured Ephram to be the type to treat people nicely that he respected. (his grandfather). At this time....he felt no respect for Andy.
True enough, he really doesn't respect poor Andy. Not many people in town seem to respect him, though, so at least Ephram's not alone! But, I also think that Ephram has a tendency to say things before he thinks. He gets emotional, and just comes out with things. Hence the snark to Andy. He's also a teenager, and when Jacob tells him he can't do something, I really do think that Ephram is going to go against him at times. But, not as much as he goes against Andy, and I think that has to do with the lack of respect as you pointed out.

Quote:
I also felt that when Andy spoke calmly to Ephram...Ephram listened. Remember the time that Andy explained to Ephram how he really felt about Ephram leaving and how much he would miss him? He did it in a calm manner. Ephram listened and re-thought his plans.
Right, and it does work quite a bit. Andy always tries to talk to Ephram calmly at first, though, and then he gets snarked at (often unfairly), then he gets upset, and then it goes onto a yelling match, hee. I do think that Andy tries to talk to Ephram calmly and kindly most of the time, but he doesn't get anything back. Because of that lack of respect, yes. I guess I just take Andy's side a lot of the time against Ephram in season one, as you can tell with this thread.

Quote:
It would have been interesting if we saw that. Ephram actually leaving....then having to come back because he was a handful and the Hoffmans gave up!
Oh, it so would have!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood