View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM
TheAngel
Supreme Fan

Yeah, OK, so I actually finished it last night because I just couldn't put it down. I really want to go buy the others now but I'm on a book budget until pay day (I've gone a little crazy lately). Anyway, I really enjoyed it.
I like Rose, she's an interesting character and I like the fact that she's very flawed but also that she's a female character who is unapologetic about her sexuality but still maintains an essence of purity (her virginity) that is important to her even though she is a sexual creature.
And Lissa is an interesting character. I'm fascinated with the concept of psychology and how her mind is being effected by her ability to heal. It seems to be that the general consensus the research Rose did was that she will go crazy if she uses her magics but that perhaps Rose, as her guardian, can keep her sane.
And, of course, I'm a huge Rose/Dimitri shipper now. They're a cute couple. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few books...after payday.