View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM
TheAngel
Supreme Fan

June Book Club: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Hey everyone,
So the winner this month was Vampire Academy. Keep in mind a couple of things. First of all, this board is only for the first book. Some people here, myself included, have not read all of the books (I haven't read the first one but I plan on going to get it tomorrow so I'll be here soon to be part of the conversation) so please don't post spoilers about relationships in other books unless you give a spoiler warning or put it in a spoiler box. Second, feel free to assume that everyone here has read the first one, so spoilers for the first book are just fine. And third, have fun talking about the book. It looks pretty interesting. Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Quote:
After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy. Up until then, Rose had kept Lissa safe from her enemies; school, however, brings both girls additional challenges and responsibilities. How they handle peer pressure, nasty gossip, new relationships, and anonymous threats may mean life or death. Likable narrator Rose hides doubts about her friend behind a tough exterior; orphan Lissa, while coping with difficult emotional issues such as depression and survivor's guilt, uses her emerging gifts for good.
I can't wait to pick it up. Alright everyone, have fun.