View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Wes&FredFan
Supreme Fan

I couldn't get into Ezri in S7. I wanted to like her and eventually I got used to her, but she's not one of my favorites. It's great that in the books she decided to change to the Command field . I liked her better in the novels.

Kira didn't really bond with Ezri too much. Sure, they hung out ... but Kira almost always had Odo with her , and confided more in Odo (who knew her most) than Ezri (who was a counselor).

ITA with you about some of Ezri's scenes -- I felt some of her lines were extremely odd. My primary example is "Covenant" -- where Odo expresses an interest in attending services with Kira so that they could spend more time together. Ezri replies, "That's so sweet," as though she's surprised he would feel that way. But she would have Jadzia's memories -- she wouldn't be surprised he feels that way since Odo and Kira have been together for quite a while now. Then she repeats the sentiment again ... even more odd. She has already seen them together (in "Afterimage" Odo and Kira invited her to dinner with them). Probably would've been better if Ezri had just grinned while looking from Kira to Odo and back again, allowing Odo and Kira to finish their conversation. Oh well.

I've been making music videos lately -- all O/K. If you go to the Star Trek MV thread, you should see them. If you check them out, let me know what you think . Feedback helps me out a lot.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 05-16-2009 at 10:25 PM