View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

More promising news from Ausiello:

Quote:
Scoop: 'Privileged' inching closer to pickup?

There's new evidence to suggest that The CW may be close to doing the right thing (read: season 2 renewal!) where Privileged is concerned.

A source close to the show confirms that the network has decided to run repeats of the cult fave on Fridays at 8 pm/ET throughout the summer. Why would The CW waste an hour of its schedule on a show that had no future? It's simple: They most likely probably wouldn't.

"It's definitely a positive sign," acknowledges a Privileged insider, who quickly adds that there's still no official word about a pickup. Indeed, a CW rep insists no decision has been made about the show's future.

Still, with this new development coming so closely on the heels of a report that the show may be back as a midseason replacement, momentum has clearly shifted in Privileged's favor.

The promising word of mouth has even trickled down to co-star Sharon Lawrence, who plays mom to Joanna Garcia's Megan. "I heard it may have a life," she told me earlier today, "which is great!"
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood