View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Looking forward to it, Steve. Only two more weeks left of school is exciting! I'd say enjoy your last two weeks, but you'll definitely be too busy with exams and papers!

I really suck at summaries, so I don't really have anything to contribute at the moment, other than to confirm that Thief's idea of Bright getting a glimpse of what he looks like to others in how pathetic he's being. It's a good jumping start to him improving himself, plus...Bright has a hilarious tendency to think of himself as amazing when he's doing good, but when he's low, he knows he's low (such as his self-deprecating humour and low self-esteem in "Goodbye, Love"), and he just can't get out of it. Getting a glimpse of what he looks like to others would be different than the ways he's gotten (sometimes temporarily) out of the depths of self-pity before. Plus it ties into the theme of self-improvement that his arc has all season. No one brings him out of this period of the season, he does it himself, seeing himself, etc.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote