View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:21 PM
follow the sun
Master Fan

That's a good idea, Lynn For people who are starting out writing, shorter stories would probably be a good way to ease into it. Try things out in terms of style, how you feel comfortable writing description and dialogue, getting a handle on your voice as the author and how to create the voice of your characters. Shorter pieces would allow you to play around with these things without feeling that you have to write a long, complete story

When I write, I really take my time. Much to the annoyance of people that want me to update my series But I think it gives me a chance to step back, see what I've written, what do I still need to say, what do I want to change, remove etc. Have I conveyed the feelings I want, am I missing key events I had planned to include etc. If it's a series, how does this chapter fit into the series as a whole. Do I need to include something that refers back to a previous chapter, or foreshadows something that will come later?