View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Movietime Blues
Elite Fan

I have a two-year degree in business management, followed by progression to the senior level at a four-year college before leaving for health reasons. My major has been business management w/ an emphasis on entrepreneurship/small business. My long-term goal had been to open up a small business. However, that takes financing, something that's not easy to find these days. In the meantime, my work experience has been pretty thin, because I had to take time off for my health but also because I had lacked motivation to work.

In this town, it's not so much about what you know but who you know. Then there's this thing where I originally went into business mgmt because I thought I would get into something like consulting, where you advise businesses on what they should focus on. I had always wondered why companies do things a certain way. Then I found out that there are people who do nothing but advise companies on what their business strategies should be and they would get well-paid for it. So I thought, "Hey! I should get into that."

Well, this day and age I don't think that's even possible because they'll just get somebody cheaper and within the company to do just that.

Anyway, I like working with computers. I can type on a good pace, just not typist fast. I have experience in data entry and clerical. I can learn new things. I don't want to do sales or telemarketing.

Thanks for asking.