View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
enigma777
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
I agree, though the time jump between the end of 4 and beginning of 5 didn't help. I know they wanted them to seem disconnected, but it was almost like they were 2 different shows.
Do you mean in the storyline? There wasn't that much of a time jump between the end of season four and the beginning of season five - maybe a month or two - unless I'm forgetting something.

If there was a disconnect, it may have had to do with the switch to TNT. As I recall, they didn't even find out there was going to be a fifth season until towards the end of season four. That is why "Sleeping in Light" was actually part of the fourth season production. It was the series finale and when they found out about the fifth season, the episode was moved.

"Although this episode (The Deconstruction of Falling Stars) is part of the fifth-season production run, it's actually the fourth-season finale. The fifth-season finale, "Sleeping in Light," was shot during the fourth-season production run because it wasn't clear that the show was being renewed; once the renewal was announced, another episode had to be substituted. For some reason the onscreen credits at the end of the episode don't reflect that; they list a production number of 422 rather than the more accurate 501."

Speaking of being two completely different shows, a big reason I could not get into Crusade was that there was too much separation from the original series. That and the technomage, and the other characters.

Last edited by enigma777; 04-05-2009 at 08:59 PM