View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 AM
colorful_dust
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's not crazy at all. I like that about Amy and Ephram as well. You knew that there was something there....that Amy really had feelings.....but was really holding back and afraid to give into those feelings. I also like when there is an initial sparring between a guy and a girl....you know that that the conflict is really sexual tension...

Natasha, is that why you are a shipper of Tyra and Landry....because they are so incredibly different and although Landry is head over heals for Tyra...she doesn't reciprocate in the same way? Do you feel that their relationship is on a par with Ephram and Amy?
I'm glad you know what I mean. So much is built up when that happens, a lot of tension, I find it wonderful to watch. That's what happened in S1 with them, Amy was distracted a lot of the time with Colin and so focused on him getting better and getting her old life back, during that whole time Ephram is falling for her and you see her starting too as well. She developed feelings for him, they connected. She got lost for a while, understandably so with Colin's death, but she figured out where her heart was. I think their story is quite beautiful.

And yes, that is how I started out shipping them, because there Landry was so completely into her and they developed this solid friendship, which I thought was amazing. And then Tyra was confused about her feelings for him, because she had fallen for him in a way she never had before. He made her feel more than she was used to feeling. Plus opposites attract, I love that too. To answer your second question, I do in a way, yes. I think there are some similarities between them. Besides what I already mentioned, both guys are so loyal to the girls and would do anything for them and had been there for them during painful times in their lives. Both couples are best friends, I don't think there's any denying that. Of course there are differences, I mean Amy and Tyra are very different in a lot of ways. We got a lot more from E/A since they were the main couple on the show, so more things were explored with them as a couple. But I think both girls found and shared a connection with a guy who interested them in an unexplainable way. What do you think? I know I kind of rambled on, it's what happens when I talk about couples I love, and here I'm talking about two couples I have crazy love for, anyway hope that made some sense.

Rachel - Yeah, I mod its board. Always cool to see fans of the show. And each to their own. I didn't ever watch the OC but I can think of some other couples like that too. It's an interesting dynamic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hee, not crazy at all! It's a good story! As long as the girl finally does reciprocate, or else it would just be depressing! I really liked how they went back to Ephram having feelings and Amy not wanting to get back with Ephram in season four. It was a nice parallel to their season one relationship. And absolutely, I really enjoy how they can just talk and be themselves with each other, either funny or serious. I think Ephram is really his best with Amy. I mean, in season four he was great with Andy, but there were still some things that he could only say to Amy. And the same with Amy being herself with Ephram, flaws and all. They need each other. They really are soulmates.
Aw yes, the girl must do that or else it would be much too sad. Season four was a real interesting time for them, I thought they got some incredible stuff that season. I think it provided for a lot of individual growth for both characters. I definitely agree that they need each other, there's just something between them that allows them to relax, they can be at ease with each other.

Last edited by colorful_dust; 03-20-2009 at 01:51 AM