View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
WatchmeWatchuPD
Banned

Bush and Panabaker rumored for SCREAM 4

I don't know how much this is true, someone posted this over at the One Tree Hill Facebook page.
---

Quote:
Sophia Bush and Danielle Panabaker are rumored to been cast in the fourth installment of the popular Teen Horror Franchise 'Scream'. Though nothing has been confirmed but the two young actresses are the top candidates for the two leading roles.

The casting process of the movie will surround, Danielle Panabaker because in regards to BUSH; the 26 year old 'One Tree Hill' actress must wait till the CW network makes a final decision whether or not her show will be picked up for a seventh season before she makes an official decision to be apart of the latest chapter of 'Scream'. If this does happen and Bush won't be involve in the project cause of her commitment to 'One Tree Hill', sadly the role will be recast but things like that happen in the film industry. On the other hand with PANABAKER, she isn't a stranger when it comes to big budget Horror films on the big screen, in fact she just starred in "Friday the 13th" which happened to break box office records; so having this young and talented actress as one of the lead roles is a smart decision by the producers.

Wes Craven will indeed direct the fourth installment of Scream.

"It would take it being really as good a script as the first one was," explaining that he should also be compensated for his work on the franchise, "and the pay day reflects what I've done for that company and what I've gone through on Cursed (laughs)."

He also added that he didn't know what the new script by Kevin Williamson, who wrote the original Scream, would entail, but confirmed his involvement.

"I don't know his ideas at all. But they have made a deal with Kevin [Williamson] to write and the screenplay is done ready to be made into a movie."

A close source to producing gives alittle tidbit on what the plot will be for the fourth installment, " Set 10 years after the events of Scream 3, a group of high school teenagers find themselves being stalked and murdered by Ghostface himself. BUSH and PANABAKER will be portraying sisters who finds themselves facing the psychotic Killer."

There is speculating that this installment will feature a copycat killer to the original, when asked, the source close to the producing of the movie, "had no comment".

Filming of the movie is schedule to begin in October of 2009 and slated for a Halloween 2010 release date. There could be cameo appearances from the original actors from 'SCREAM' such as David Arquette, Courtney Cox-Arguette and Neve Campbell.

'Scream 4' has potential of being the best Scream with two young and talented actresses such as Sophia Bush and Danielle Panabaker, which could be such a powerful duo of what the horror genre has been waiting for.