View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
BlueSkies
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
I watch Smallville, so I get the Lana reference. She had about 40 different personalities in 8 seasons. From waitress to witch, to a Luthor, to a super woman? Makes my head hurt.

With Brenner, it comes down to sloppy writing and not enough time to make the character legit. Brenner got brought in as a sterotypical villain who the audience was supposed to hate. Now he's Mr "I wanna go to Venice, treat you like a queen, be your one and only, and make you mine after 5 seconds of dating". The two don't really fit together, so he is never going to be well-received by most of the audience.
Yeah, but also, in my comparison with Lana, I was talking about her newest and final arc.

They expected the fans to believe her character had changed after 7 months, when she hadnt done that in 7 years.

Same Brenner, were suppost to believe hes changed ever since he showed up, because now he doesnt treat bad the med student...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsBlueEyes (View Post)
i'm sorry but how is he a villain lol...and i dont think we're supposed to hate any of the main characters. everyone has a different opinion - even characters crenshaw and romano (who were rude and aggravating with few redeeming qualities) had loyal fans lol.

i think its weird how some people are annoyed that he said he liked neela then slept with other people. was he supposed to hold out for something that might've never happened? and its not like we see him witha different girl every night - that may have been the case in his first ever appearence but it certainly isnt now
I think some characters are introduced to be hated. Even if they arent the Lex Luthor type, theres always a bad guy in shows, because if there werent, theyll be all the same.

I dont think of Brenner as a villain, but hes no Mark Green for instance.

Hell never be the doctor everyone else would look up to, and cry about. Remember how terrible was Romanos death, and how Lizzie was the only one who seemed touched by it.

And I only mentioned the blond he slept with, not for being annoyed or wanting him to give Neela an explanation about it. I wish he wasnt with Neela, so whatever happens with them, I hope isnt something that would happen in a long term relation, which a "who the blond girl was and why isnt anymore" talk would mean.

I only brought up that girl back, cause Neela saw him with her, but most importantly, we did.

So, since there was no on camera closure for it, we should assume he stopped sleeping with her without even informing her?

That all of a sudden that story was dropped for the sake of more Roomies fans angst?

Not only they introduce new characters too close to the end, but they give poor closure to their storylines...