View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
BlueSkies
Absolute Fan

Youve got some strong points there irishghost.

First of all, if any of the Brenner hate gets to David, hed probably know its about his character, and not him.

I have to admit, I hated season14th, no not really, I didnt hate it, I just cant recall what happened in it.

I barely remmeber some stuffs, aislated, from episodes. But nothing more.

I do remember what a big dumb Brenner was, and like you said, I didnt see him growing up and becoming who he suppossedly is now.

Its like a Lana Lang situation, if anyone watches SV will know what Im talking about.

I even have to say, that despite Banfield being a tough at the beggining, you could see the reasons behind it, and how Morris was able to crack her a bit. Shes still tough, but not rude or over the top.

Even Gates, I cant believe Im saying this, had some growing up to do ever since season 13, cause his appearance before cant even count.

He had to face Megs death, taking care of Sarah, thinking she could be his daughter, then getting into Sam, winning Alexs trust. And then he blew it all, thats true, but he learned something, and from last nights episode, you can tell Sam knows it.

But Brenner... he arrived being the chiefs boss, and getting his job for it.
He went after Neela, and not sure what happened, but they slept together in the 14season finale. She said in the first epi of the 15th that she didnt want anything else.

He slept with the med student then, and treat her like crap after. Next day, he woke up, and was a new man, acting nice around her.

Only to try and get Neela back. When she was obviously with someone else and not interested.

Since that wasnt enough, he went to her place, without invitation, and she kicked him out.

Then, he shows at work and sleeps with a blond girl.

Some time later, not sure why, Neela thinks she likes Brenner at some level, enough to sleep with him. But, the relation must stay in the shadows... and we never know what happened with blondie.

Yesterday, he invited her to Italy for Valentines...

Can you see how many problems are there with this?

-Hes a total stalker.
-He hasnt grown up a bit, he cant even see that Neelas just not interested!
-And I dont know where his story is gonna go, but I cant see myself liking him a bit.

I dont know whats wrong with the TPTB, but the whole dinamic they use for Brenners character, quite similar to the same they used in the past, about him arriving as a bit of an idiot, and then getting into some grown man, isnt working.

Not only he hasnt evolved, but that way of dealing with characters is lame and lamer every day. Its been done, may have worked, but they need to make people like characters or hate them.

Not to hate them and then try to change our minds with some amazingly not real make over!
Not only we wont buy it, but the whole trying to make us like him, even if they have to get him into our throats for it, will only made us hate him harder.

Yes, hes in the Roomies way, and thats not a good place to be... look what happened with Michael [LOL Totally joking, I loved Mike.]

So yes, he'll get some hate from those who want to see Neela with Ray, just because he's in the way.

BUT, his whole character doesnt help to make him tolerable while we wait for Reela to happen.