View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
baileycat
Fan Forum Star

Jo get yet another honour!

Quote:
JK Rowling's stone handprints have gone on display in Edinburgh, the city where Harry Potter came to life.

The best-selling author's engraved handprints, in Caithness stone, are in the grounds of Edinburgh's City Chambers.

JK, who famously penned the young wizard's story during snatched moments in Edinburgh, said she was delighted to be honoured with the Edinburgh Award 2008, which was bestowed upon her by the council of the Scots capital in thanks for her contribution to the city.

"I was delighted to receive the Edinburgh Award, as this city and its wonderful inhabitants have meant so much to me for the last 15 years." said JK, whose books have been turned into hit movies starring Daniel Radcliffe as the bespectacled wizard.

The writer, who still has a house in Edinburgh, added: "I think it is particularly appropriate for a writer's hands to be represented, so I am deeply honoured to have my keyboard-chipped fingernails, not to mention my pen-induced friction callous, commemorated in the place where I produced Harry Potter."
The Press Association: Rowling's handprints set in stone