View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
~*Magical*~
Master Fan

I, too, am a bigger fan of Angel than BTVS.

And I will give you that in the first 3 (maybe four? I can't remember) season of Charmed that the show was well written and had more real relationships, feelings, the characters were more rounded and the stories more sharp. But I definitely saw a decline in the show when it seemed like each episode in season 5 and beyond had an episode based around a fable or fairytail that had been told before. The writers just wrote that it was now happening to the three girls. And what they eventually did to Cole was laughable. But I haven't seen many episodes beyond right before the time that Cole left. I just couldn't take it.

And I don't think that Angel was ever in a reduntant story telling mode. The characters did bad things sometimes and the results and consequences meant something to them. People die and they dont come back so easily (well except for Buffy and Darla and they wrote it so that they earned it and made you believe it could happen) Maybe they didn't have "real" jobs, but they experienced real feelings and real events that shaped their lives and developed them.