View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
neel luvs tony
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
^
That's the problem with 'Fringe', as several people have pointed out. Their show is too similar to the X-files, just just not as nearly as good. The only thing they have going is the Father/son relationship, which admittedly is a lot of fun, IMO.

I agree, The only thing enjoyable so far in the 7 episodes I have seen is Peter/Walter relatiionship but there isn't much of that.

The X-files gave us Mulder, who's passion for the truth and existence of aliens made you want to believe as well. But The Fringe seems a continuation of X-files (not a good one) . They are trying to put in mysterious characters, and weird things happening but it's not executed as well as X-files was.
And the cast is the greatest one either except for Joshua Jackson and the guy who plays his father.

I don't like Olivia much. So not much to enjoy in the show and the case always make you feel, oh I have already seen that in the X-files.

Quote:
Yes, you are absoluetly right. They are certainly different. But that's exactly what I like about them......they are not trying to copy the Mulder/Scully dynamic. They do their own thing, and it works amazingly well, IMO. I give them credit for starting off from a similar premise (intellectual/logical female meets cute, childish hero), but then develop it into a completely different direction, I enjoy watching that because they have an amazing amount of chemistry together, yet they are NOT exactly like M&S.