View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Little_Stewie
Master Fan

^
Yes, you are absoluetly right. They are certainly different. But that's exactly what I like about them......they are not trying to copy the Mulder/Scully dynamic. They do their own thing, and it works amazingly well, IMO. I give them credit for starting off from a similar premise (intellectual/logical female meets cute, childish hero), but then develop it into a completely different direction, I enjoy watching that because they have an amazing amount of chemistry together, yet they are NOT exactly like M&S. Cause let's be honest, no one can be exactly like them. That's the problem with 'Fringe', as several people have pointed out. Their show is too similar to the X-files, just just not as nearly as good. The only thing they have going is the Father/son relationship, which admittedly is a lot of fun, IMO.

I guess what I am trying to say is: watching B&B interact gives me the same kinda fuzzy feeling that M&S used to give me. Two people who just belong together yet try to ignore it most of the time, for professional reasons.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.