View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
cute_kitten
Obsessed Fan

I personally have always found Italian, French and Spanish the hardest to learn, although that was until I had Latin in high school and many things became logical. But Slovenian has no 'subjunctive' or 'congiuntivo' when you express a feeling and that made no sense to me for a while. We only have four tenses, out of which only three are used, that is past, present and the future. So at first it was also hard to grasp the concept of something like Present Perfect We have three genders and 6 cases and 4 conjugations for each gender (12 altogether) for nouns so I never had problems with such stuff but tenses...lol

I heard about that movie Veronica, I heard it's also going to be one of the favourites at the Oscar nominations...

I guess in Slovenia - at least for me since I am good in languages - it is good that we live in such a small country that you just have to learn some bigger language, English has become almost a necessity. So kids start learning already quite early and many already in kindergarden start learning also other foreign languages, you can't get a better job if you don't at least understand English, although in most cases you have to be able to actively use it in at least the type of environment and situations you are in...the older generation doesn't speak English as they didn't need it but many were taught Russian at school (60, 70+ aged people). It was actually always a struggle to retain our language with so many pressures from bigger nations around us, more than learning other languages being an issue.

I got some pix of Michael just before, if anyone would like to see I would PM them though, I don't want to show them in public just yet

Oh, and here it's raining so the lovely snow seems to be slowly leaving the building...bad rain, why can't it wait for a while longer...

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva