View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:30 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
But Andy annoyed me walking round like he had done something wrong. He followed Colin's wishes and I wish he had made that known at the memorial service in the school. He wasn't supposed to be bothered by successful medical procedures over quality of life anymore.
Quote:
I was equally annoyed. It was horrible how the townspeople turned against Andy after Colin's death. When does that ever happen? Not all surgeries are successful...if they were......no one would ever die!
The way that Amy spoke to Andy at the restaurant was also terrible. Even if Andy did announce to everyone what Colin's wishes were, Amy and most of the town would still be angry because they would believe that Andy should not have agreed to Colin's wishes.
I thought this all made a lot of sense. In "Home", Andy talked about how Colin is at the center of this town, and his mentor, Dr. Douglas explicitly told him NOT to do the surgery. He knew Colin too well, he was too well known in the town, and he would be affected no matter what the outcome would be. He was too involved. It was all foreshadowed when Dr. Douglas said that Andy wouldn't be a town's savior, he'd be a "child's executioner". Andy still went forward with it, despite knowing Colin as well as he did. Which is good drama and he was trying to do the right thing and all good stuff, but Dr. Douglas ended up being absolutely right, and Andy never listened to him despite how clear Dr. Douglas was about not doing the surgery.

And the child's executioner is what people in Everwood would have seen no matter what Andy said. They idolized Colin, and made him into something he could never be (just like Carl). They ignored his problems just like Amy did because of that. And then there's this new man in town, this outsider, and their idol is dead.

Just how I see it, but I loved that aspect of it, that it all followed just exactly as Dr. Douglas said; "The Last of Summer" is all in that conversation in "Home". Andy made a choice, and he had to live with the consequences, unfair ones but Colin was special to that town and he knew the consequences of being the one to take away the town's hero. Good drama.

Quote:
Madison getting pregnant rocked my E/A world.. I fear nothing good will come of this
I don't think much does, hee. But there's some great drama and some nice darkness and gloom coming, which is all kinds of fun! That not only rocked my E/A world, but it rocked my Everwood world. I say this way too much, but I almost turned off Everwood for good after that moment, but luckily I didn't. I mean, who would co-mod ya'll with Betty?

And you gals are daft on Ephram/Madison, heh. It ended up being really good for him, he needed someone to build his confidence and have a real relationship with, but it was borrrring. Hee, no, I just never cared for Madison much.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood