View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 07:03 AM
Nadine
Master Fan

USA Today - Top 100 Honorees for pop candy

76. Keiko Agena. OK, so at the beginning of 2004, there wasn't much to shout about on Gilmore Girls. But this season each character has won me over again, especially Agena's rocker-in-training Lane, who bangs the skins like Meg White, befriends Sebastian Bach and offers sage advice to Rory (who really needs it these days).

Ask Ausiello Column

Question: I'm a journalism major and I wanna be just like you! You are the funniest guy ever! I was wondering which TV writers are your favorites? Mine would have to be Aaron Sorkin, Neal Baer and David E. Kelley. I know you like J.J. Abrams, but who else? — Mel

Ausiello: Aside from J.J., I worship Patrick Mulcahey (Santa Barbara), Jeff Freilich (Falcon Crest), John McNamara (Profit, The Fugitive, the upcoming Eyes), Joss Whedon, Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Bill Lawrence (Scrubs).

Question: I am being harassed at work for admitting I enjoy Felicity and Gilmore Girls. As a single male I need some snappy comebacks to assert my manliness. Apparently, stating that one owns all seven seasons of Buffy does not help in that area. — Steve D.

Ausiello: Hang a picture of Matt Leinart holding his new Heisman Trophy in your office/cubicle and repeat after me: "Fight on, Trojans! Beat the Sooners!" Works every time.

Question: I saw that Matt Roush got to name his favorite TV shows of the year in the new TV Guide, so I was hoping you would get to do the same. My favorites were The O.C. (until Oliver, after which the show was never the same), Veronica Mars, America's Next Top Model (go, Amanda, you kooky thing!), Gilmore Girls (Luke and Lorelai... sigh), American Dreams, Arrested Development and The Mountain (yes, The Mountain!). — Snip

Ausiello: I tell ya, "Ask Ausiello" readers have the best sense of humor. Your Mountain dig had me rolling on the floor. Good one. Anyway, here's my Top 10 list of 2004:
1. The Sopranos
2. Lost
3. Scrubs
4. Gilmore Girls
5. Carnivale
6. The Shield
7. 24
8. The Amazing Race
9. Arrested Development
10. Everwood

There's another question there but it's got spoilers in it so I'm posting it in the spoiler thread instead!

Twitter: nlm78

Last edited by Nadine; 12-15-2004 at 10:40 AM