View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Mayberry
Elite Fan

I'll start with the good parts.

Good:
Aislinn Paul is an amazing little actress. They really struck gold when they found her in season 6. I can always feel where Clare's coming from and why she does the things she does. It's great that she's different from Darcy, too. The last scene with her mother was well-acting and touching. Plus her owning Holly J was awesome.

Geeky Simpson is back! Yay!

I thought all the scenes with Peter/Riley were interesting. You could tell Riley's very uncomfortable with what happened, and they played that well. Then, the last scene showed a good side to Peter without it being out of place.

Argiris (sp?) is doing a great job with Riley. They've only scratched the surface thus far with him, and I think he can handle whatever is coming up for Riley.

I thought this was Jamie's best performance. Peter's rush to go find a girl, Mia who he's not really into, was believable. Then, I liked their mini-conversation about why his dad is paying for the apartment.

The cameo with Jane was nice, though yeah, it's been done before.

Okay, the bad...

There was some weak acting. I won't say who, but sometimes when they deliver their lines, it comes out very one-note and even when the dialogue is good, it falls flat.

I found parts of the subplot WAY too over-the-top. The fact that everyone was handling it I found very strange. Coach Armstrong was holding it, Shep was holding it like it was a chocolate bar. They don't know where that thing's been and their reactions were like yeah, okay. I stll hope that the Shep goes far, far away. Then, Allia saying it was a robot was pretty lame. I also don't like that she's so annoyed with Connor. I don't know. I'm not finding her as appealing as I would like.

The Anti-Grapevine. Stop! This isn't Gossip Girl. Plus Chante's the only one that can pull off that line, Allia.

Mia. Gosh. I just find her so annoying, flat, and empty-headed this season. I want to hit her everytime she comes onto the screen. Walk me here. Let's go, Peter. Mia used to have some chutzpah, but now, she's so bleh. Plus, she and Peter have no chemistry.

So I'll give this ep a B or B-. When it was good, it was really good. There were some definite eh moments, though.

Oh, nice to see Spike, but her hair was not good. She should've left it blonde.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote