View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM
JustMe2000
Elite Fan

Let's see.......

Peter's a goof. I'm not sure that can be stressed enough.

His reaction to being kissed by Riley came off as being pretty realisic to me, as did the notion of him trying to speed things along with Mia right after that.

Loved that the main plot once again involved a school project, and that the other pairings (Derek/Bruce, Danny/Jane) that we saw in that class were pairings that made sense based on what we've seen so far this season.

Peter and Mia are....okay. Not my favorites, but I've seen worse. They've got decent chemistry, which helps.

We didn't get to see as much from Riley's point of view, but his story will come later. I did like the ending with that shared look of understanding between him and Peter.

Speaking of Peter, didn't we do the whole he doesn't have any male friends thing just eight episodes or so ago? Isn't that why he started the band?

The subplot was a classic embarrassing rite of passage plot that harks back to the first couple of seasons, especially Spin's infamous problem in Weird Science.

In the past they've done a good job of showing that Darcy is very much the product of her parents, and I think this episode did a good job of that with Clare. I also liked, though, that Mrs. Edwards saw the need to be more open with her daughter.

Clare and Allie are . The whole group of Miner Niners is great. The girls work well off each other and have that early friendship pattern of talking down. Some great moments with them including the "is all forgiven/isn't it always exchange to Alli trying her best to come up with a way for Clare to get out of trouble when Armstrong found the vibrator in class. Speaking of Armstrong, nice to see him again and I liked his no nonsense respone to Alli. Clare's verbal smackdown of Hollly J. was nice, and I say that as a Holly J. fan.

The Shep walking off with the vibrator was classic.

Overall, a good, not great episode with what I think was a better subplot than main plot.

One last thing, what the hell did Spike do to her hair?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote