View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 PM
SolveMyMystery
Elite Fan

"Why would you want everyone to like you?"

Q&A: Liam Gallagher on Discovering the Beatles and the Death of the Rock Star

The record has a lot of live energy. Were you thinking of how it would translate to the stage?
I wasn't personally 'cause they're the musicians. I always sing it like it's ****ing the last song I ever sing. But I think Noel definitely wanted to be a bit more heavy and not so acoustic.

I've always believed if everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.
Well yeah, why would you want everyone to like you? That was the beauty of things growing up; not everyone was into the same music as you and that's what stood you apart from everyone. You go into school and you go, "I'm different from you, man." "Why?" " 'Cause I like the ****ing Stone Roses. Who do you ****ing like? You like Madonna." If everyone's all into the same thing that's when you lose your identity. And it's like the clothes you wear, that's what I find today in England, all the people that are in bands are wearing the same ****ing clothes — wearing skinny jeans, wearing these pointy ****ing shoes, a little tie, a little waistcoat, a little tight T-shirt and it's like, "****ing A, do you all live in the same ****ing house? Do you all shop at the same ****ing shop?" Everyone in bands, they're all wearing the same ****ing clothes, they all must shop at the same ****ing shop. It's like, "**** that."

I was reading an interview where the guy asked you what you'd be doing if you weren't a musician ?
I'd buy a ticket for Oasis.
SolveMyMystery is offline   Reply With Quote