View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
shortycm18
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I gotta say I thought the tattoo storyline was a nice touch. Very realistic on all sides I thought. The only thing that bothered me was that Julie doesn't strike me as someone who'd get a cliche tattoo like a heart and rose that "meant nothing". Seems to me she's deeper than that, when she wants to be.

I don't post here often, so please don't flame for simply posting my opinion, as it is just that, my opinion. Not fact. .. with that said....

I liked this episode, but found that the lack of Tim/Lyla was.. odd. And I don't ship them - at all... it's just that it would seem that if her boyfriend was buying her childhood home from her father, she'd find out about it somehow. It was also stupid of Tim to think he could hide the copper wire thing from her. Inevitably, when she finds out he invested in the house, she will be curious as to where he got all that money. And even if he manages to lie to her about it, she will be angry about him investing that kind of money in a house when he could have used it for college. It's lose/lose for Tim, really, and I hate to say it but I just feel as though he went and sabatoged his entire relationship in this episode, we just haven't seen the fallout. Now, as someone who is basically indifferent to Tim/Lyla, I really like that direction, simply because I think it really reflects who he is as a person. He IS a 'good guy', as Lyla asked him.. but he makes bad, sometimes stupid decisions without thinking of the consequences.

And no matter how much I think he's a good guy - I am betting Lyla won't be so understanding when she finds out he stole copper wire and then sold it to some sketchy guy, all the while getting shot at, then buying her dad's house so he can flip it. I just don't see this thing being anywhere near over and I feel bad cuz I think poor Tim is in for rough times ahead.

But that's what I love about this show - people can't always magically turn their lives around like a movie - Tyra & Tim are prime examples of that. No matter how hard you try, sometimes you fall back into old habits, however unintentional. I LOVE that dynamic of the show.