View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
gilmore_maniac
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The Taylors--I felt this storyline with them was mega lame lastnight. I mean really, Julie is beginning to remind me of season 2 again. Getting a tattoo and being a spoiled brat and a overreacting parents. I want some new source of conflict and it was weird how the baby was no where to be found this episode. It feels so much like season 1 dynamics so I don't know why they had Tami pregnant and have a baby if it wasn't going to change anything.
I wouldn't necessarily call it mega lame. I thought it was good. Julie is a teenager, and her moods and hormones cause her to react certain ways. It's not like teens just have one rebellious moment and then it's over. I thought their reaction was very parental and I didn't think they were overreacting.

You just gotta look at it from a parents point of view and realize how big a deal getting a tattoo is, and how much more it says to them than her going out and geting inked. I think it was mostly the lack of communication on Julie's part and the fact that she thought it was no big deal that she got one.