View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:12 PM
ElectricHearts
Fan Forum Star

Zachary Quinto reminded students that voting is one of the most important decisions that they can make, especially in this historic and exciting election. Zachary believes that Barack Obama is the only hope that the future generation has to unite what has become a divided country. He told the crowd:

"Barack Obama brings people together because he knows that we are the foundation of this country. He wants to empower us. He wants to get everyone involved in the political process and system. And he can lead us into the future."

YouTube - Zachary Quinto campaigning for Barack Obama
YouTube - Voter Registration Rally

Bell, 28, said she never really followed or understood politics until hearing Obama speak during his primary campaign.

“It sort of really inspired me to get off my butt and do something,” said Bell, who stars in “Heroes” and was the title character of the movie “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” “I’m not saying I know everything about every policy in the world … but I’m a good judge of character.”

Bell said the junior senator from Illinois offers hope.

“It’s not about feeding you a bunch of crap,” she said of Obama’s campaign

This is the first campaign I’ve worked on for any candidate,” Bell said. “A lot of celebrities are realizing that, although they may not know the intricacies of the issues, their voice is still important
“This election is so important. When I heard Obama say, ‘Change has never started from the top down — it starts from the bottom up,’ I knew that, although a lot of celebrities may not know the intricacies of all the issues, their voice is still important,” Bell said.

“The bottom line is — it doesn’t really matter if you understand all the issues in the news. Use what you know and vote to affect change,” Bell urged the audience.

YouTube - Kristen Bell and Rashida Jones

Bell said Palin plays the “fear” card, invoking the word “surrender” when speaking about Obama’s plans to withdrawl troops from Iraq.

“It’s frightening to me because people fall for it,” Bell said.

YouTube - Rashida Jones and Kristen Bell on Sarah Palin

Power for 10

YouTube - Rihanna, Jonas Brothers, Kristen Bell, B5 Do Something
YouTube - Kristen Bell - Do Something

YouTube - Zachary Quinto at the Declare Yourself event
YouTube - Zachary Quinto

For all the rivers and all the seas
For all the puppies and all the bees
For all the flowers and all the trees
For all the icebergs and coral reefs
For all the pigs and all the cows
For all the mountains and the clouds