View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 06:13 AM
choirgirl
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely adored this episode. It's my favorite episode since WITS!!

My favorite part: The Luke and Lorilai pillow talk. (shrill squeals of joy) They are sooooooo adorable.
I loved:
1) Lor in in Luke's shirt
2) The way Luke got Lor a glass of water too before bed (hmm ... that must be part of their bedtime routine)
3) The way Lor said "I think it's going very well, you and me." with such a serious face
4) The way Luke agreed and then stroked her thigh
... I could go on.
And while I expected the fight to be more serious, I loved the ultra-sweet make-up scene (especially the 'shut up' kiss - ugh!). They really made some head-way in the development of real intimacy in their relationship. This episode made it clear that their relationship is strong enough to withstand some serious storms - hopefully strong to hold up against Hurricane Chris!

But beyond that small corner of the Gilmore Girls world....

I have to say that I was a little irritated that Rory acted to prudish about Anna hanging out with boys, and trying to shield her from the 'wilds' of college life. However, she bounced back with that freakin' awesome prank on Logan - he soooooo deserved that!

Also, my heart goes out to that sweetie, Marty (or "Naked Guy" as my friend and I call him). You can actually see his heart breaking in the scene in the pub where she calls him just a friend. How can Rory be that blind to Marty's feelings for her, especially after he asked her if she had a boyfriend? Come on, girl!! I just hope that he doesn't give up on her. Sure, Logan is a kick in the pants and would be fun for a while, but you know that before too long he would get board and dump her. Marty is a sweet, stand-up guy, and is soooo much better for her in the long run.

Lastly, I have to comment on the Paris/Doyle storyline. This was an unexpected pleasure for me. Their snide comments during the speed-dating scene made me see that they're perfect for each other (similar interests and ambitions and levels of snarkiness). And when Doyle walked out of her bedroom in her bathrobe, I laughed so hard that it hurt! Here's to many moments of intre-office flirting (or uncomfortable squirming) to come!

Is there really going to be a hiatus? (Whiney groan .... sigh) Well, at least we get a repeat next Tuesday. We'll all just have to take it one week at a time.

- H.

Luke: "There's nothing like some good lovin' to shut a person up, if you know what I mean."

- Java-Junkie (ILY #157, WYMM #109, LL #80, Dirty JJ #12), Flannel Whore #22
choirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote