View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Aludra
Addicted Fan

This episode had me grinning more often than not. Any episode where Paris has that much screen time has to be hilarious. The exchange with Marty (I'm right here/I know that) and then about her sex life, to Rory? Not to mention all the subtle and not-so-subtle barbs at Chilton-girl (what the hell was her name? Anna?).

Moving on past Paris, I enjoyed Lorelai's reaction to the topic of Logan. That entire scene had me in stitches. But I'm sure it's also because she doesn't seem repelled and I secretly ship R/L. *****, did I say that out loud? Anyway, talk of her grandchildren's attractiveness? Hilarious!

Logan... I'm starting to adore this kid too much. He's absolutely charming and/or compelling every moment he's on screen. He's so convincingly intense. The prank on him was too good, and the prank they pulled was, if real-life-horrifying for a girl like Rory, still pretty frickin funny and good-natured. I like that they're playing him up as a foil in this way, unlike Jess and Dean, who both catered to needs Rory was aware of. Logan as an outgoing, carefree adventurer is pretty much the opposite of Rory as an introverted, careful planner. Not that we don't love her for it, but this is going to be an interesting ride.

Oh, and to add: why all the hate on Logan for the way he talked to Marty? I've rewatched that episode a couple times and he's actually completely friendly and civil toward him, unlike Colin. Now that kid's an ass. Finn, I'd marry in a heartbeat.

The book smell and Logan's subsequent appearance... So perfect. Rory in her element, lost in her world, and then they spin it to show her how peculiar that world is to others. I love that she smelled the book like that.

And Marty... totally growing on me. Rory is rather oblivious, and I like that he just came out and told her about Logan's interest. Marty is certainly making a grab for his own balls back...

Anyone know how long hiatus will be? That spoiler thread is starting to look tempting... must... resist...

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Aludra is offline   Reply With Quote