View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Phee
Ultimate Fan

Up until a couple of days ago I didn't even realise they were back together. There's been no news about it at all here in Australia that I've seen, and I found out totally by accident. Ever since I've been pretty much living on youtube, catching up on all the tv shows they've been appearing on and watching some bootleg clips from the new tour and listening to their new stuff.

They're still totally awesome! And I still totally wanna marry Joey! OMG did he grow up pretty! He's got such a cute little baby face in the old video clips!

I love that even though they've updated their sound with the new stuff, that they're still doing the old stuff too, and I love that they're still embracing their old-school boy band-ness with the old school synchronised dance moves. It feels like it should be kinda cheesy, but it totally works because they totally own it and embrace their old school NKOTB-ness. When I was watching the "Summertime" clip for the first time, and it got to the bit where they were all posing in silhouette against the sunset background, I totally went into fangirl SQUEEE mode. Watching their new stuff it's kinda like hopping in a time machine and going back 15 years, only they look different and sound better now. It's kinda bizarre, but in the most awesome way!

I'm jealous of everyone who is getting to see them live! As far as I can see there's no news about them touring in Australia at this stage.