View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 09:45 PM
*Shannon*
Master Fan

Here's the YM interview:

"Luke Mably may play a swashbuckling heir to a monarchy in The Prince & Me, but in person he's quite self-deprecating. Getting the 28-year-old Englishman to toot his own horn is about as easy as it is to get Beyoncé Knowles to talk about her love life — nearly impossible. Fortunately, we think humility is very attractive in a man.

In the film, you're quite believable as Prince Edvard "Eddie" Valdemar Dangaard. What types of things did you do to prepare for the role?
Well, I watched any footage I could get of Prince William, and I read a lot of books about him. I really sympathize for the guy now. He was born into a life of rules and protocol and tradition and everything is decided for him. It's almost like a bubble; it doesn't seem like a fun life to have. I also read a lot about table manners and worked with a movement teacher on things like posture.

You're really convincing onscreen as a ladies' man. Is that a role you have in real life?
Um, [uncomfortable pause] I've never really been a ladies' man, but I remember having a crush on a girl and not knowing if she liked me or not. She ended up making the move.

That sounds like a ladies' man to me.
Uh, well I was pretty useless in that department.

How do you normally spend your free time when you aren't wooing women onscreen?
I love to watch scary movies. When I was little, my friend and I used to make home-video equivalents of films like Nightmare on Elm Street and the movie with the little character Chuckie running around and things like that. We took it quite seriously. I still love to watch horror movies. I also have this thing where I like to make masks in my free time. I recently re-created the elephant man mask.

Wow, that's really cool. Are they facemasks à la Phantom of the Opera?
No, I just hang them around my flat. It's nothing really, I'm not very good. I don't really do anything with them once I make them.

Speaking of masks, what types of characters would you like to portray in the future?
Well, I don't know how choosey I can be at this point, but I'd like to cover a whole range of personalities. It excites me to use myself completely, like physically. It's seeing the world through someone else's eyes for a day. I love that. It's too boring just being yourself."
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote