View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 11:04 PM
~Audrey~
Extreme Fan

Anne Thanks for the new thread, love the opening title, and wonderful title.

Doreen Sigh. Those four are my all time favorite OTH episodes.... ever. And I love how they were one after enough, so my love for them got bigger and bigger over the course of a month. LOL.

Amanda When I first found out that they got married, I was upset, I'll admit it because what I really wanted was to see what they were like after they were comfortable with each other, after the first couple months of dating, after they understood each other better. I wanted to see them on dates more often and how they would interact with each other when meeting each other's family, friends, and school. I wanted to see their relationship develop until they were really serious. I wanted to see if Nathan would push in her chair at dinner, or buy her favorite candy at the movie theatre because he knew what her favorite food was. I wanted to see him come to her house and pick her up and close the car door for her. I wanted to see Nathan decorate her bedroom when he wanted to ask her to homecoming/prom, put rose petals on her floor, and do something that would make me go aww. I wanted to see Nathan go and pick Haley up for a date, and stay and chat with her dad or brother, and then catch his breath when he sees Haley. I wanted to see him drop her off at home or at work and give her a quick kiss. And god damn it, I wanted to see how Haley finally gives in to sex, what she does, and how Nathan reacts. I wanted to see all those little cute things that you do when you're going out, and although they will still go to the movies together or eat out every once in a while, but it's not the same when you're married.

One thing that I do appreciate about this marriage storyline is that it is incredibly original and creative. What couple on TV has actually gotten married in high school? And lasted? I'm not talking about soap operas or comedies, I'm talking about an actual drama like this. Mark was incredibly brave in coming up with this idea, and I just hope with everything in me that he takes this beautiful and wonderful storyline to heart, and make us, or at least tries to make us happy.

When I first saw the promo I was dead set that it wasn't a deleted scene, but then after closer examination of screencaps and slow-moing the promo, it does like a deleted scene. Supremely pissed me off!! Someone mentioned on the OTH board that maybe it's a flashback, that's what I'm hoping for, flashback, flashback!!
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.