View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 AM
then you must kiss me
Elite Fan

I took FOREVER to write my review of this ep, but without reading anything from anyone else, this is what I came up with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by self
I could have done with a better recap of last season, as even with watching it I didn't really rememebr what happaned and could think of absolutely no reason for Clark to be in Russia. That being said though, he's not the brightest hunk of muscle if he couldn't figure out why the hell Oliver was beating him up. I saw the plan right away. But I suppose that when you're Clark Kent and it always turns out that you can't trust those you think are on your side, it's excuseable.

The new opening credits are incredible. It's so weird that they dropped four main people in one year, but Lana went with them, so I can't complain. Then of course, I was baffled to see the four missing with three new names, though I had a very fangirl moment over Justin Hartley being main. It was just the two new people that come completely from nowhere that surprised me.

I felt bad for poor kidnapped Chloe being used the way she was. I was just sitting there going "please don't out Oliver, please don't out Oliver," and while I don't know what those number actually were, I was glad that Chloe figured it out before the last three numbers. Even if she did get forced to out him later, at least he got a heads up, sort of. I think I missed something though for all her brilliance.

I wish there'd been a bit more Jimmy. He always amuses me in his naivety, so having him be where two heroes were unmasked (if you can really call the maskless Aquaman unmasked) would have been a great opportunity to just be in his full Jimmy element. What little there was of him though was sweet, though I wanted to poke him for wimping out of his proposal. Chloe gets mad props though for accepting it anyway.

Clois! Oh my goodness, they were incredible. Lois was amazingly baddass with that gun. And the fact that they both have nameplates at the Planet now is like a dream. They're so on the right track. The way he smiled after telling her they were neighbors as he walked away, the way she smiled when she checked the desk next to her. It was all so amazing. I love Lois though, making a comment on Clark's 'first try at heroism.' I just had to laugh so hard at that. She just has no idea, does she?
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote