View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:39 AM
thineownself
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone!

I see that M posted that NYT article with the 'BH90210' quotes. There is also this from Shannen about her work on 'Charmed' I thought might be of interest to you.

Shannen says:
Quote:
"Charmed" was - the first year, of course, we worked pretty long hours, but after that, if we needed a day off, they tried to accommodate us. We'd work really hard and we'd be like, "O.K., we need a three-day weekend." And they would try their hardest or give us a day off in the middle. Plus, "Charmed" supplied me with my first directing jobs, and fulfilled another passion of mine, that I got to explore that. Something that I'm still exploring - or still want to explore.

I would love to direct. I love it. And I have a lot more learning to do. But it's funny, because when I watch the three episodes that I directed, I look at the first one and I'm like, "Ooh, god, I made some amateur mistakes." Then I look at the second one like, "Huh, I did good." Then I look at the third one and I'm like, "Wow, O.K., there it is. I found my stride and I figured it out." It doesn't mean that I don't have more to learn, it just means that it supplied me with a great start-off base to do more of that.
source