View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
RubyGrace
Passionate Fan

I didn't see this posted, it's a rave review from Kristen at EOnline, not someone I always agree with but she makes the show sound really fun and well written.

Quote:
The Ex List is awesome. And for the record, I do not need to look any further among potential suitors—I am 100 percent smitten with this show.

Based on an Israeli sitcom, The Ex List is written by Veronica Mars star producer Diane Ruggiero and led by breakout babe Elizabeth Reaser, whose joint talents result in a smart, sexy, watchable and completely funny romantic-comedy series. (Hear Ruggiero speak in person and you will swear she's a dead ringer for our long-lost Veronica—and that witty, cool likability carries over to Reaser's character on this show. The series is also shooting on the old Veronica Mars set in San Diego.)

Primarily the story of a woman who is told by her psychic that she has to revisit all her ex-boyfriends to find the one she is meant to marry, it also spotlights her sister and best friends' adventures in young adulthood, resulting in more or less a mashup of Sex and the City and Friends.

Diane describes Reaser's character Bella as "someone that women would feel is accessible and cool and a girls' girl...[someone] that I would want to hang out with." Mission accomplished! Bella's a blast, and you should definitely consider making her your standing Friday-night date.

Vegas Odds on Survival: 40 to 1
My Verdict: If you're a girl and you can only watch one new show this season, make it The Ex List. If you're a guy, DVR it, fall in love with Reaser and watch just the same.