View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
He was scared of loosing her forever. He isn't a man of words... but this time he decided to talk, to talk a lot.
Jack is definitely a fan of the 'lets actions speak' concept most of the time Sometime you could think he wants people to read his mind as well But once he decides to go with talking, he sure can talk and bring his point across.

Quote:
That scene is priceless! Because Evelyn tries to force Jack into acting up on his feelings. At least I am reading that scene this way. She cares for him, wants him to be happy... I think she sees in him a son she never had. Therefore loosing the woman he fell in love with - I am positively sure he fell very very hard for Nad - to another guy isn't an option for her. I wish she could have persuaded him to act upon it
Evelyn definitely sees something more than beyond professional concern behind his actions/behavior, otherwise she wouldn't talk to him like that. Not to mention that she also urges Nad to go after him when he storms out of the car after Wilkes attacked her.

Re Jack falling hard: Yep, totally agree. I don't think he'd be so concerned about any male pro he's working with. He comforts her when she has nightmares, makes her hot cocoa when she can't sleep, covers her with his coat and so on.

Thinking about those made me think about another of my fave scenes - Jack & Nad doing nighttime target practice in the woods

Or Wilkes checking them out as a couple at the Opera House - from his description I'd say he sees the signs too, at least from Jack (I think he thinks something along the lines of: face softening each time he looks at her and doting husband )

Quote:
Another reason that crossed my mind in reference to Nad's comment towards Quinn:
Because she is Jack's
Oh good one