View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 03:39 PM
DanceWithLife
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
Did she really lose weight? I mean, I don't think that she lost that much. Some people are making a big fuss over that saying that she may have sold out, blah blah. I heard the full version of SUBG, just a few comments:

1.) The production of the song and the backup vocals are kind of Avril-like.
2.) Although there are high notes, I'm not quite sure if this single showcases her amazing voice.
3.) I still love it. It's very catchy, the chorus is stuck in my head.
4.) I guess I'm just worried that she'll be compared to Ashlee or ::shudder:: Hilary Duff.
In regards to her weight, it makes me laugh that so many people are focused on that these days (That's not targetted at you Cam, just at all the people who think she's selling out cause she's more toned.) LOL The girl said she just stopped eating junk food and she's eating healthier, so she's just a little bit more toned. Kelly has always been tiny - take it from someone who's met her and hugged her. She was super tiny and she still is. It's not selling out, it's called being busy and eating well. LOL

As for the song, I agree that the arrangements and such sound like Avril, but Avril could only dream of hitting the notes Kelly hits, so it doesn't matter to me. The CD version has very clear vocals that sound very much like Kelly's. While I LOVE when Kelly belts out like nobody's business, I'm not a big glory note kind of fan so I'm glad she doesn't do that in every song personally. I would much rather she sings songs she loves in a style she loves than having her sing power ballads with massive glory notes just so she can showcase her voice. We all know she can hit those. The fact that she doesn't all the time makes the moments when she does hit those so more special in my opinion. In my opinion, not every song should be a showcase of your entire range. If they did, then it would become a lot like Celine, Mariah, dare I even say Clay, where most of the time I can't for the life of me distinguish their songs from one another. (This is not meant as offensive to any of those artists or their fans, just an opinion).

But I see what you're talking about.

Jay, yes this song is addicting! LOL