View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Mayberry
Elite Fan

Why is the other woman dressed in red? Symbolism? I think so.

Uhhh, this was a pretty okay episode. Aubrey's a very charismatic actor and he did well with the plot. Actually, all the actors did, including these new ladies, Ms. Brooks and Trina. I think the problem lay in the writing. That seems to be my main problem with this season. The acting trumps a noticable portion of the writing. That is, some of these out there plots are working basically because they have the acting working for them.

I'm assuming this will get follow-up so maybe I'm being too critical. But I kept thinking why didn't they do some of the elements sooner? They could've had one ep devoted to stem cell research, a subject I was intrigued by, and then one later plot on the whole Mr. Brooks affair. Essentially, the ep needed to breathe with all this crammed in information (Trina's going to NY too? Jimmy still dreams of playing ball? Does he want to do this law thing?) So yeah, this storyline needed way more attention earlier in the season.

Additionally, the whole family dinner was odd. But I expect follow-up. Jimmy was kinda just cocky throughout that part. Wasn't a fan of that.

Great use of Spinner in both plots. However, with this subplot, I didn't buy that Spinner OR Jane were so impressed by STUDZ. Was Sasquatch that much better? Eh, but they could keep a beat, and Spinner was friends with those guys. I did like seeing Peter with the guys. I think Jamie's one of the better male actors with straight out comedy (i.e. HCYM). They should utilize that.

Parcy was pretty cute here. I'm so off/on about them. I really don't care if they make it or not. Missed opportunity--- Darcy revealing the rape to her parents. That could've really worked in the educational value of this show. Tsk tsk.

One sticker book joke from Danny? Funny. Two sticker book jokes? Pushing it.

This will get a B-.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote