View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
enigma777
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllesSacrifice (View Post)
The best show ever created.
I agree, although Farscape might have surpassed it if it hadn't have been cancelled.

Babylon 5 wasn't just great television, it was great literature. I seriously consider it to be a literary masterpiece. It had all of the elements: conflict (all its forms -- man v. man, man v. self, man v. nature, etc), irony, foreshadowing, tragic characters, heroic characters, static and dynamic characters, etc. The best aspect is that the two characters that could be argued to be the most dynamic can also be argued to be the most static -- G'Kar and Londo. So many scenes were just breathtakingly powerful (Londo walking alone to his coronation as the scenes of the last few years of his life flashed, the death scene of Lord Refa, etc.) as were the monologues. Besides G'Kar's voice-over at the end of the third season, there was his speech when Londo kicked him out of the council chambers after Narn had fallen. There were Delenn's speech before the Grey Council in "Severed Dreams" and then later in the same episode her "get out or we will kick your ass" speech to the Earth fleet sent to capture the station. Who can forget Ivanova's "I am Death Incarnate...God sent me" in "Between the Darkness and the Light"?

Best season? I'd have to agree with S3. Everything the first two seasons had built up to came to a boil. S4 was a close second. Then S2, then S5 (even with the horribly painful to watch episodes with Byron) and then S1.

Last edited by enigma777; 07-03-2008 at 11:14 PM