View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:21 AM
daydreamer4
Dedicated Fan

I liked NMIP on a whole. With the exception of the lack of Emily and Richard I wasn't bored and there was only one time when I wanted to jump into the television and smack a character. Shockingly for me, that character was Lorelai.

Didn't so much like

1. I hated how Lorelai dropped everything to rush to Chritopher's side. She seemed way to eager to help him out. Couldn't she have told him to turn the crib around over the phone? What has he ever done for her? It seems to me Lorelai has this fixation with helping Chris in the hope that he'll become the man she always wanted him to be.

2. No quality LL interaction. And by interaction I mean having a major kiss, but they're so far into the relationship now that the peck at the door was realistic.

LIKED

1. I loved Rory confronting Christopher! Way to see what your mom can't Rory! I actually like the dynamic they seem to be going for this season and that is that Lorelai and Rory know each other better than they know themselves. Rory knows Lorelai is drawn to Chris and that she'll mess things up if given the chance. Lorelai knows Dean isn't good for Rory and that she's making a mistake. And yet each go ahead thinking they are in control of their lives, when in reality they know each other better than themselves.

2. Loved the teaser with the keys. So very Lorelai and so very Luke to complain and yet help her and then worry about her because she leaves her keys in the door.

3. I didn't mind Logan in the is episode. He wasn't doing that creepy leaning thing he did in WITS. I think what I like most about him is that he hasn't developed an all-consuming love for Rory. At this moment she's more curious about him than he is with her. Rory needs that in her life.

4. Emily and Richard, although not in the episode, have totally forgotten about Friday night. I found that amusing.

5. I liked Logan calling Rory Ace. It was kind of condescending, but kind of cute.

6. Paris and Doyle have an interesting relationship. I wouldn't say sparks yet, but mutual admiriation, yes.

7. Sookie's realization that she was pregnant was so Sookie.

8. I like the end when NM and son moved to Luke's only to order iced tea. Nice.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Christopher's return wasn't awful. Although I don't like how Lorelai so willing went to him. And what is Christopher's relationship with Sherry? Are they married or just together? My fear is that Lorelai will lay it all on the line to help Chris again. Luke will be alienated and then Sherry will waltz back into Christopher's life and he'll ditch Lorelai again. But that is down the road. For now I enjoyed this episode.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote