View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 10:38 AM
~~ CherylS ~~
Total Fan

I think Lorelai is stilll hanging on to her 'superwoman' image of herself. She is a strong woman and mother and is up to her neck in starting a new business, a new relationship and a daughter growing up.

She isn't 'all in' with Luke. She hasn't dropped her outer defense that she shows the rest of the world. That's why we need Christopher. He is going to get her into so much trouble, make huge waves in her safe little life. Something has to make her see that good old Luke is really her life....her partner. Men come easily to Lorelai, relationships not so easily. She doesn't recognize it when she sees it because its never been right before.

Luke is his own man and has always been there. He's as much a father figure as a lover. Now that he is the lover the rest will have to work itself out. She doesn't see that she brings a lot to Luke. She has always been there for him in every situation....too many to list. But he is so strong and all she sees is what he does for her. She does for other people effortlessly....not recognizing how much she does give.

It all goes back to the way she grew up and the way her parents still treat her. Her love live is so mixed with her relationship with her parents.

L&L fell pretty easily into this relationship....Luke said he's 'all in' but he hasn't said that she is his life, his partner. We haven't gotten to that level with these two. Christopher will bring them to that level.....after much pain. But with pain comes growth.

Great episode. I've only watched once. I always get more the second time.

Last edited by ~~ CherylS ~~; 10-27-2004 at 10:43 AM
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote