View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Wynter
Master Fan

Quote:
Selma Hayek Wins 'Lucy' Award

Salma Hayek was honored for her efforts as executive producer of Ugly Betty at the Women In Film 2008 Crystal Lucy Awards gala in Hollywood.

The woman who gave us America Ferrera was presented with the Lucy Award for excellence in television for the hit ABC show.

Salma told The Hollywood Reporter: “I wanted it to be different than anything I was seeing on television. I also wanted Latin people to feel excited and proud that there was something on television that sort of belonged to them, but I wanted the American audience not to feel alienated from it.”

Also attending the ceremony were Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendez, Jada Pinkett Smith, Meg Ryan, Nicole Richie, Debra Messing, Annette Bening and Demi Moore and Bruce Willis’s daughter Rumer Willis.

The awards show is an annual fundraiser honoring women’s achievement in film and television.

The Crystal Award was established in 1977 to honor outstanding individuals who, through their perseverance and the excellence of their work in film, have helped to expand the role of women within the entertainment industry. The Lucy Award, for innovation extraordinary accomplishment in television, was established to pay tribute to the great star - Lucille Ball.
Source

Yay for Selma! That's so awesome that her efforts with the show, and how well it's done because of her, are being recognised! And some pictures from the event:

She looks so amazing, every inch the successful business woman. Everything about the outfit/make-up/hair is perfect!

Last edited by Wynter; 06-22-2008 at 10:31 AM