View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 03:49 AM
dukesmom
Total Fan

I know it bothers many people when the same actor is used for different roles, and sometimes it can be disconcerting, however, with the quality of actor that the L&O shows usually attract, I can live with it. It's especially effective when they take an actor who usually portrays the heavy and has them play a victim or innocent party. I think it's a little silly, however, when the same actor portrays 2 different judges. I'm not talking about cases when the judge is either the victim or criminal, but when they are simply the judge who sits at the arraignment, or grants a warrant, or oversees the trial.

In some cases, it seems these guest spots are some sort of audition for a permanent role. After all, four actors who have guest starred have become (or are becoming) regular cast members. S. Epatha Merkerson (L&O), Diane Neal (SVU), Bebe Neuwirth (TBJ) and Amy Carlson (TBJ). I'm not including Richard Belzer (SVU) or Candance Bergen (TBJ) because they're playing the same character as their guest spot.

I, too, wish there was a list including SVU and CI guest actors. I'm too lazy to do it myself.