View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Jamie
Elite Fan

That cap is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
See, I tend to disagree. Granted, Pacey did some things to Audrey that were thoughtless, but I thought that it was more Audrey putting a strain on their relationship with her unreal expectations of Pacey and his situation. She seemed to want Pacey to be with her all the time and wanted him to get wrapped up in dropping off the planet because that is what she did. In reality, Pacey did not have the option to do that because he had to make a living and pay his way. He really did not have anyone to fall back on if he could not take care of himself whereas Audrey had, at least, a cushion even if her mother did seem like a snob. I agree that they were at different stages though - Pacey had to grow-up a little faster than Audrey did.

I suppose I just hated the way it was always made to seem that Pacey was the main contributing factor to Audrey's spiral out of control. She seemed like she needed Pacey to be her everything by the beginning of S6 and he just was never going to live up to that standard. I mean, he imposed that role on himself in S4 when he was with Joey, thinking that he needed to be perfect for her, and he ended up cracking under the weight of his own pressure. Do I think it was unfortunate the way things ended between Audrey and Pacey? Sure. Their break-up sucked for them both. But I think Pacey would have stayed and, ultimately, he would have ended up as unhappy as Audrey was.
I completely understand that look on things. I wasn't by any means saying that Audrey had the right to blame Pacey for her later behavior. I was simply commenting on the stuff during their relationship. Audrey could have been a bit more understanding at times, but for the most part, she was at the end of the day. Again, during their relationship. Pacey wasn't a horrible boyfriend, but I do think Audrey just wasn't the person for him anymore once he got that job.