View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM
MethodicWays
Addicted Fan

I think that's why I like Rebecca and everyone else in the square/pentagon/trapezoid. I'm actually rooting for ALL of them. Rebecca, in that group of people, is the youngest and has far more growing to do. She reacts and acts irresponsibly and for someone who has never had to take responsibility for herself, she's not going to change overnight. Frannie was kicked out of ZBZ and forced to confront her actions, Casey was put in the leadership role and had Evan dump her, so ostensibly she was also forced to examine herself. Rebecca hasn't had that moment yet because her actions largely stem from her relationship with her father. That's not an excuse though. Eventually she has to realize that trying to get back at her father is not a get-out-of-jail-free card. As an adult she has to own up to the things she's done but she hasn't been placed in the position to do so yet. I'm still advocating for her not to become a ZBZ sister.

And I truly disagree with whoever said Rusty owns up to his mistakes. IMO, sometimes Rusty can be the hardest person for me to watch. Especially when it comes to Evan/Calvin. He really can't stand Calvin being friends with Evan and even though Evan hurt Casey, Casey is not the only victim in that relationship. Plus, Evan is Calvin's big brother and like he said, Evan has always treated him well. I just really can't stand how childish Rusty acts when it comes to that situation. I'd put Rebecca and Rusty on the same level of maturity which is why I liked the episode where he had to interact with her. I think it showed how similar they are emotionally.

I think the other thing someone said is that "if you're old enough to be in college, you're old enough to take responsibility for yourself" or something along those lines. Okay, I've been thru college and I've been out for a couple of years now. The truth is, when you're entering college, you're still effectively a high school student. It takes a while to grow out of that. I was lucky, I went to a boarding school, so leaving home, etc. wasn't a transition for me and I got into the swing of things very early and got to watch my peers struggle thru it. There were people who effectively acted like high school students thru their sophomore year. And after graduating and entering the workforce guess what I found out? Some people were still stuck in high school mode. Age has nothing to do with your level of maturity.