View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Folie
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
As much as I love Jo, I don't think that the Roadhouse needed her to exist nor does she need it.
I agree. And actually I think that from the minute that they didn't let Jo really function and exist in the Roadhouse, as the Roadhouse on it's own, and only having her with the boys basically, keeping her there only did the character bad. Because that way she was just Ellen's daughter who had a crush on Dean. The end.
My main peeve is that Jo was never really explored as a character on her own right. She was only mostly there in relation to Dean, and as much as I love her and I love DeanJo it wasn't all that the character should be used for, nor was it the only thing she was good for.
And the way to showcase Jo as a character was to flesh her out, either by having her interact with more people in the Roadhouse, or by getting her out of there! Both those insidents would give her layers beause we would see how other people viewed, related and reacted to her, and especially if she was taken out of the Roadhouse, the Daughter Of Ellen shadow would be cast off (as was in BUaBS) which I do think was something that was holding the character back a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
I would have loved the see some Winchesters/other hunters interaction. I love Winchester/Harvelle, but the Roadhouse could have proven invaluable if they had made other connections there.