View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Folie
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Andre!

May I suggest you add a link to the Previous thread in the intro for easy access and reference?
(and maybe delete that extra "center" tag there too )

~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets
The thing that made the Roadhouse so great for me was that it not only backed up the idea of a hunter community, but it showed it to us.
Definitelly! It was one of the more promicing aspects of the Roadhouse and one that I think was hardly even explored and that they hardly ever attempted to explore.

Again it comes back to never having the boys ever really function in the Roadhouse.
We never saw them spent any time there. They could have very well started a hunt from there, met a couple more hunters who were having a pit stop etc.
To claim it didn't work when you never really used it in it's full extent is a hasty accusation to make IMO.
And I think that had they used the Roadhouse more in that capasity, and by extension had the Roadhouse crew existed beyond their interaction with boys, their potential might have been more prominent.
And yes, I am referening more specifically to Jo, who was the more "problematic" character of the bunch. Because Ash was quirky and Ellen was a mother figure and such features tend to get easier passes.
But a rather undetermined and unspecific character (even by her own creators) such as Jo, that had only been labeled as a "love interest," would have only benefited by being treated as a seperate character interacting with other random characters and that would help define her and her place within this universe.

And just a little OT bit from the last thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets
Meh, I always thought that things turned out better for the show when the creators didn't just drop things because of the fans, but that's OT.
I do agree with this, and here is where I do think Kripke makes a huge mistake. But there is a difference between listening to what your fans have to say and how they react to your storytelling, and just doing whatever it is you want to do, no matter what. That was my argument.