Thread: History Books
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Kimberly
Master Fan

I'm so happy someone started a thread on this. I love reading history books and social studies books!! I will certainly have to look into some of the books you guys have suggested. Here are some of my favorites:

King Leopold's Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror, and Heroism in Colonial Africa by AdamÂ_Hochschild. This is the chilling story of the Congo in the 1800's.

Reflections on the Way to the Gallows: Rebel Women in Pre-War Japan by MikisoÂ_Hane. This tells the story of several political and social reformers in pre-war Japan.

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson. The story of the Chicago World Fair and the story of a serial killer who used the fair to get victims.

Nazi Doctors: Medical Killing and the Psychology of Genocide by RobertÂ_JayÂ_Lifton. Looks at how Hitler changed the basic duties of a Dr. how he warped the idea of health in the medical community.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote