View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Hawthorn
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I meant to ask you if Lorenzo started watching season 4.
What is his opinion about about the direction the show has taken this year?
Jack's love ridiculous? How dare he?

I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, he's out of town so we have either text messaged or had very6 short phones calls, and Lost has been only briefly mentioned. He has sent me a text message after Eggtown which said "Jesus Christ, just saw ep. 4. We need to talk". I don't know what his reactions have been.
Quote:
I kind of agree with you.
What makes me go insane are ship wars, more than anything else. I wish each side would just stick to their own areas and discuss their own ship. Maybe the writers keep pushing Jate because it keeps everyone talking, especially Skaters. They are creating buzz for the ship they don't like. I really felt like some of the things they've written this season for Jack and Kate have been direct responses to criticism expressed online.
But exactly what have they fixed? People said Jack's I Love You was out of the blue last year, how do they think it felt to see Jack and Kate hook-up, live together and break up in the span of 42 minutes of screentime and ten days in the story? What they wanted to accomplish showing us that Jack had towards to Kate the same reaction displayed with Sara? I thought episode 10 would've been the first big stone for the foudation of Jate as the end-game... maybe it was, but I didn't se any real progress or change.
Quote:
I post about Sawyer and Kate when I feel like it. I wish I had something nice to say, but I don't so it's mostly negative stuff. I don't want them to think their tricks to keep Skaters hoping are working. They are not. If I think the writers are going down the JIF route, I'll say it.
As I said, what I hate the most is people who "fake" they are ok with a lot of stuff only because they think the reward is close. Skate can be proclaimed the ship who will get the happy ending in the triangle tomorrow, but that wouldn't stop me from saying how crappy a lot iof writing have been anyway.
Same if I think my ship is doomed - if I think so, why should i say otherwise, to keep the mood of the "troups" high?