View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:27 AM
misteriosa
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
Typical show runner bull****. Imo. I've heard it before. They always pull that card when the numbers don't suit them. Nielsen counts the numbers of people who actually watch the show when it's on the air. It's how they get their advertising rates. Whether people watch on line, in their showers, or whatever, that's not what Nielsen is about. I bet most of those 3 million extra viewers are repeat viewers who already watched and want to watch on line too. Or download it after already watching.
I agree.
Also, from some articles I read, the main reason people use DVRs is to skip ads, but on the other hand it turns out many don't skip ads. There is a lot of money involved here so each side is probably interpreting survey results in a way which suits them best.

Quote:
I really can't say much about D/P. Only that in my circle of friends no one mentions them. Des, yes, about how hot he is and freaking cool to be a time traveler, but that's about it. D/P have had less than 5 minutes of screentime together. Not much to base a case for popularity. :shurg: One thing I am certain about, I don't care who kisses whom. If it turns out to be skate, so what. We already know she's ready to hop on the matrimonial train in the future without a second thought.
I wish I knew somebody who watched Lost, but I don't. My sister and her husband used to watch it. I believe he got bored/frustrated in season 2. She didn't know I watched it and when I said I did, she immediately mentioned Sawyer and said Jack was boring. That's it. I think she also stopped watching.

I agree with you about the possible Skate kiss. It's not just the FF Kate that bothers me, but mostly the way she treated Sawyer on the island. Horribly.

I think the writers are just playing with Skaters now.